We seek a web developer knowledgable and experienced working in a variety of content management systems and E-Commerce platforms such as WordPress, Shopify, and Drupal.
This individual will collaborate and engage with a small, experimental team of designers to extend brand assets to the web and use their knowledge to help create engaging, and intuitive user experiences.
• Web Developer with an eye for design detail
• 2+ years of experience
• Enthusiasm for working on a range of web projects with a talented small team
• Strong writing, organizational, and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task/work on multiple projects, and meet deadlines while communicating effectively with our team and clients
• Strong familiarity with the Adobe CC Suite of applications
• Experience with productivity and project management software (We use Slack and Trello)
• Excited to collaborate with and learn from a small, experimental, independent design studio
• Positive personality and strong work ethic, attentive to details
• Knowledge and ability to utilize trends and technology to extend the brand experience across all devices
• Create sitemaps for new or existing sites to provide optimal user experience
• Collaborate with designers to provide insights and make recommendations for usability, best practices, and user experience
• Build custom sites using standard HTML/CSS, jQuery, and PHP practices on a WordPress backend.
• Ability to customize an existing theme and build fully custom themes in Shopify
• Testing and optimizing sites on a range of browsers and devices
• Working with client hosting and databases to migrate and launch websites
• Maintain, fix, and and build on to existing sites
• Analyze client requests and specifications to provide estimates for development time
• Research emerging tools and technologies to streamline processes and expand design capabilities
• Design and build e-mail templates in marketing services include MailChimp and ConstantContact
• Conduct monthly maintenance on completed websites: updating plugins, testing ecommerce functionality
• Correspond directly with clients during web development process to communicate status of project, content and other needs, provide quotes,
• Self manage
• Test, modify and update designs and code to ensure error free and cross platform ready productions.
• A working knowledge of Drupal and DotCMS preferred, but not required
Essential Job Knowledge and Skills
Strong understanding of the following:
• CSS3 Animations/Transitions
• WordPress (ability to build themes from scratch)
• Shopify (ability to build themes from scratch)
A working understanding of the following:
• WordPress Advanced Custom Fields Plugin
• WooCommerce Plugin
Medical Benefits Offered
Does this sound like you? Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.